Etisalat launches 1-fils-per-second prepaid calls
Abu Dhabi, October 30, 2013
UAE telecom operator Etisalat has launched its new international call tariff of one fils per second to all Wasel prepaid customers.
It is available to a list of 135 countries, including all GCC members, the UK, US, Syria, Sudan, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, the Philippines and most European countries. A rate of two fils per second is available for an additional 47 countries, said a statement.
The new tariffs are applicable around the clock to all Wasel prepaid customers without the usual peak/off-peak time price differences. Users will be charged a connection fee of Dh1.50 per call, with per second billing depending on the call destination.
“At Etisalat, we continuously seek to provide our customers with attractive offers that meet their needs. These new rates deliverincredible value to residents of the UAE, allowing them to talk longer to various destinations around the world at more affordable rates viaEtisalat’s high-quality telecom network,” said Khaled Elkhouly, chief marketing officer.
“The new international call prices will make it more affordable for the large community within the UAE who have family and business interests outside of the UAE to stay in touch with their friends, families and business concerns,” he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network