Crowds throng Gitex Shopper for last-minute deals
Dubaai, October 12, 2013
The final weekend of Gitex Shopper 2013 is drawing tens of thousands of visitors to the Dubai World Trade Centre as retailers and the world’s top tech brands offer even greater deals and deeper discounts on the latest consumer electronics products.
The sales extravaganza extended to almost everything, from the latest smartphones, tablets, TVs and digital cameras to gadgets, games, entertainment accessories and home appliances, said the event organisers, Dubai World Trade Centre.
Running until 11pm tonight (October 12), the show also offers visitors endless chances to win fabulous prizes through the “Visit & Win” raffle, gift vouchers, giveaways, “Scratch & Win” promotions, and competitions that include an Opel Astra GTC being given away every day of the show.
Tickets are priced at Dh30 ($8.1) per person and are available at the venue and from selected Eppco, Enoc and Zoom outlets. Entry is free for children below the age of five.
Gitex Shopper 2013 is the largest gathering of the region’s leading ICT retailers and suppliers, said a DWTC statement.
This high-energy consumer show attracts a diverse audience that includes IT professionals, technology enthusiasts, students and consumers as well as regional traders. It attracts visitors not just from the Middle East but also from North Africa and the Indian subcontinent.
Gitex Shopper also draws the biggest names in the retail sector, with unique launches and special offers across the best technology, communication and entertainment products.
Loyal buyers await this shopping bonanza year after year for exclusive deals and bundled offers which are not available anywhere else, the statement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m