Bahrain TRA 'developing pricing model'
Manama, October 8, 2013
Bahrain's Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) is developing its own costing and pricing model for telecom services, revealed TRA senior analyst Thomas Hain during a seminar.
Senior TRA officials including general director Mohamed Bubshait, as well as specialists from Batelco, Zain, Viva, Etisalcom, Kalaam, United Links, Elephant Talk, nue-tel, and the Bahrain Internet Exchange took part in the seminar that focused on Long Run Incremental Cost (LRIC).
British consultancy BWCS' telecom expert Peter Cartwright said bottom-up LRIC models are used to establish efficient costs in telecoms price regulation.
"The global economy is transitioning into a knowledge economy as an extension of the information society," Inception Consultancy managing director Ahmed Al Sari said.
"Telecommunications is a means to access information and it is important for all stakeholders to be a part of the discussion."
The seminar, organised by Inception Consultancy, was held over two days at the Movenpick Hotel.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum