Acer to showcase touch devices set for launch
Dubai, September 29, 2013
Acer, one of the world’s largest PC vendors, will host a seven-day ‘Corporate Lounge’ in Dubai for its channel and partner community to experience the new and innovative touch devices the company is planning to launch.
Themed “Designed for Touch”, the event at Emirates Towers will feature senior executives from Acer, who will meet with partners and customers and cement possible business ventures and strengthen existing relationships.
The Corporate Lounge is another of Acer’s industry leading channel incentives for 2013, and will take place from October 2 to 8 October providing an environment for business meetings and networking opportunities.
“The corporate lounge will allow for direct interaction with our valued channel partners. Acer is committed to addressing all business concerns, and to facilitate their growth,” said Amin Mortazavi, vice president, Acer Computer, Middle East and Africa.
At the lounge, visitors will see a range of touch and type devices, as well as areas dedicated to education and gaming.
The Aspire R7, a 39.6 cm (15.6”) notebook will be Acer’s star attraction. Featuring a full HD 1920x1080 touch screen, the Aspire R7 is made for the new computing lifestyle, which increasingly combines touching and typing.
It features a repositioned keyboard and an “Ezel Hinge” that moves the display forward and into different positions.
The Acer Aspire R7 lets consumers transform their notebook into the shape that best delivers an immersive content experience based on their usage needs. With four modes of operation, the R7 can easily be used as a traditional notebook, a table top pad, a display, or switched into “Ezel” mode, allowing the screen to float over the keyboard at various angles. This allows users to work where they want and how they want — seated or standing, at a desk or with it on their lap.
The Acer Aspire S7 Series, among the thinnest and lightest Ultrabooks, will also be on show at the lounge. These ultra-mobile devices have been hailed as one of the most exciting Windows 8-based touch Ultrabooks in the market, a statement said.
The dual torque hinge and Acer Green Instant On / Always Connect features ensure the ultimate in control and seamless usability, it added.
Also on display will be the Iconia W3 tablet, the industry’s first full-featured 8.1-inch tablet running Windows 8, bringing entertainment and full PC capabilities into a single hand. Further solidifying its spot as the ultimate mobile companion, the Acer Iconia W3 comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013.
The Iconia W3’s design makes it incredibly useful for productivity in several different ways. The slim and sleek device weighs only 540 grams and measures only 11.35 mm thin, making way for easy portability.
The device pairs with an optional full-size Bluetooth keyboard that holds the tablet upright for typing and then conveniently docks to the tablet to lay flat for easy transportation while protecting the screen. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement