Tamkeen backs key telecom seminar
Manama, September 2, 2013
Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen will support the Long-Run Incremental Cost (LRIC) seminar for the telecommunications sector to be held next month.
Tamkeen has offered to subsidise 80 per cent of the registration cost for eligible Bahrainis who wish to attend the seminar, reported the reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, citing the event organiser Inception Consultancy.
The specialised seminar is the first of its kind in Bahrain, and will address costing in telecommunications sector and the process of controlling and regulating it in the long run, said its managing director Ahmed Al Sari.
The event will be held in Al Murjan Ballroom at the Movenpick Hotel, Muharraq, on October 1 and 2. Participants can register online, at www.inception.bh/lric.
"LRIC is a well-known economic model applied by communications regulatory authorities and the various operators around the world, in addition to consultants, analysts, and auditors," Al Sari added.
British consultant Peter Cartwright, an international expert in communications for more than 20 years, will be a facilitator at the seminar.
Cartwright has authored one of the most important manuals on costing, and developed an automated mathematical model using LRIC rules.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network