Tamkeen backs key telecom seminar
Manama, September 2, 2013
Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen will support the Long-Run Incremental Cost (LRIC) seminar for the telecommunications sector to be held next month.
Tamkeen has offered to subsidise 80 per cent of the registration cost for eligible Bahrainis who wish to attend the seminar, reported the reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, citing the event organiser Inception Consultancy.
The specialised seminar is the first of its kind in Bahrain, and will address costing in telecommunications sector and the process of controlling and regulating it in the long run, said its managing director Ahmed Al Sari.
The event will be held in Al Murjan Ballroom at the Movenpick Hotel, Muharraq, on October 1 and 2. Participants can register online, at www.inception.bh/lric.
"LRIC is a well-known economic model applied by communications regulatory authorities and the various operators around the world, in addition to consultants, analysts, and auditors," Al Sari added.
British consultant Peter Cartwright, an international expert in communications for more than 20 years, will be a facilitator at the seminar.
Cartwright has authored one of the most important manuals on costing, and developed an automated mathematical model using LRIC rules.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi