Du to develop mobile apps for govt services
Dubai, August 4, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator du has launched its drive to develop mobile applications, to eable access to various government services via smartphones.
The operator aims to create a Mobile Applications Developers Community, drawn from young talent in the UAE’s universities and colleges who would contribute in developing the applications.
A working team has been created by du to support this initiative, which follows the recently announced Mobile Government (m-Government) visionary plan outlined by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Osman Sultan, CEO, said: “The significance of today’s announcement will be felt in the due course of time with the availability of user-friendly, customer-oriented mobile applications, which will be just a step away to access government services round the clock.”
“We also believe our efforts will encourage talented students in the UAE to unleash their creative potential and put their knowledge into practice for the benefit of the larger community,” Sultan added.
Du will approach leading universities and educational institutions in the UAE to nominate a group of their final-year students - Emirati and expatriate - with the required qualifications to participate in the application development initiative, said a statement.
It will extend maximum support to the participants by offering training, providing application development tools and professional mentoring by experts, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network