Etisalat for speedy sim card registeration
Abu Dhabi, July 6, 2013
UAE's leading telecoms services operator has urged all subscribers to register their sim cards under the ‘My Number, My Identity’ campaign before July 16 to avoid disconnection of their services.
SIM card registration is a crucial step towards preventing identity theft and its misuse, said Etisalat’s senior official as the deadline for the fourth phase its SIM card registration is slowly coming to a close.
"Etisalat has conducted a lot of initiatives to ease the process by adding more partners to be able to register from various locations in the country," remarked Ayman Eldessouky, the chief sales officer of Etisalat.
"As we complete the fourth phase of the registration process, customers are beginning to realize the increasing relevance of protecting their information. Early registrations would benefit customers to avoid disconnections and continue enjoying Etisalat services," he stated.
“We will continue to provide all our necessary support to TRA’s campaign by introducing new registration channels to make sure the registration process is completed easily by the customers,” he added.
Mandated by the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority, the registration of SIM cards will ultimately protect subscribers from misuse or confidentiality infringement.
The registration of mobile numbers for subscribers who received an SMS notification within the due date will prevent disconnection of lines. Etisalat will continue to suspend and disconnect users who received the notification and didnot register.
In this phase, Etisalat expects an increase in mobile number registrations via its two new channels introduced last month -- online and third party partners.
Etisalat said it has also extended working hours at the business centers during Ramadan.
For a faster and easy registration process, subscribers can do it online and complete the process at Etisalat point of sales to authenticate the customer details, said the statement from the company.
Customers can also approach Etisalat point of sales or partner branches, listed on the company’s website, to register or update their personal information, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network