Dr Marwan Al Ahmadi
Mobily launches cloud advisory service
Riyadh, July 4, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), the leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, recently launched its Mobily Cloud Advisory Service, which uses a unique approach to capture client’s IT infrastructure footprint, inventory and performance data.
This powerful tool gathers computing metrics and provides a business and process-oriented questionnaire in order to deliver a holistic report on the customer’s IT infrastructure.
This process runs for almost four weeks, considering peak and non-peak usage intervals. These services will help organisations move mission-critical, production and web-scale applications to the cloud and also help with critical decisions that are required for formulating IT strategy.
“Mobily Cloud Advisory Service is a unique offering in our industry and market,” said Dr Marwan Al Ahmadi, Mobily’s CBO.
He added that this service will differentiate Mobily from competitors as it accelerates marketing and sales activities by providing comprehensive resource-utilization reports as a value-added service to customers interested in transforming their IT infrastructures to the new Mobily’s service.
The new service has been in the pilot phase for the past few months for a selected group of customers using local and enterprise data-centres. The outcomes of the pilot study have proven great success of the new service with compelling results on the economic benefits of an enterprise cloud services including ROI and TCO projections, Dr Al Ahmadi said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security