MAF picks Wipro as strategic IT Partner
Dubai, June 5, 2013
Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, a leading developer of some of the region’s leisure concepts and experiences, has signed up Wipro as the company's new strategic IT partner.
As part of the five-year engagement, Wipro will support the implementation of an ERP solution as well as provide managed services, including infrastructure platforms and applications support for the business arm of the Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) group of companies.
Founded in 1992, MAF is one of the leading shopping mall, retail and leisure pioneers with operations in 12 countries and over 24,000 employees.
MAF Ventures develops and operates all the leisure and entertainment facilities at Majid Al Futtaim malls including Ski Dubai in addition to growing its brand portfolio within third-party malls across the region. It is also parent to a consumer finance company and a fashion retail business.
Wipro’s managed services offering will involve supplying the hardware, hosting it and enabling Data Center and disaster recovery on cloud for Majid Al Futtaim Ventures. This will ensure improved asset management, operational efficiency, robust back office operations and business continuity.
As part of the ERP implementation, Wipro will also engage with MAF Ventures to set up a finance shared services center, thereby allowing transactional accounting operations to be standardized, more controlled, effective and efficient across the business.
Mukund Seetharaman, the general manager & business head - Gulf, Wipro said: “We are happy to partner with MAF Ventures, which is a value enhancing business arm of the prestigious Majid Al Futtaim group of companies. This engagement will further strengthen Wipro’s positioning in the Middle East market, a key focus area for us for the past decade."-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network