Mobily seals 3G deal with NetComm
Riyadh, June 1, 2013
Saudi-based Mobily said it has signed a strategic agreement with NetComm Wireless to be the region first provider of 3G advanced router to the business sector.
This agreement is a quantum leap where the new router has an industrial design for durability and long lifespan for the nature of the kingdom’s climate.
The router works efficiently at temperatures between 25° C and 75°C. In addition, it comes with technology to ensure information disaster recovery and remotely connects to mobile broadband sites for data and phone calls.
The new router can also be remotely monitored, managed and controlled with real time tracking as it supports Linux operation system allowing banks, petrol, and transportation sectors to operate efficiently with reliable and high speed connectivity.
Mobily’s CBO Dr Marwan al Ahmadi said the rapid expansion of its broadband networks, which cover most of the populated areas in the country, has led the company to sign the agreement with NetComm Wireless to provide advanced solutions to cover many regions of the kingdom and support and guarantee business continuity.
NetComm CEO and MD David Stewart said the Mobily deal was an extension to the success of the previous agreements between the two companies.
"Mobily’s advanced broadband and NetComm Wireless innovative services will provide significant opportunities for many sectors in the Kingdom. Further, Mobily highly considers business sector through providing services and products to economic entities to ensure their business continuity and efficiency," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum