Etisalat wins approval to raise finance for Maroc bid
Abu Dhabi, May 29, 2013
UAE's leading telecom services operator Etisalat has won approval from its shareholders to raise financing for acquiring Vivendi’s 53 per cent stake in Marco Telecom, said a company statement.
The board’s recommendation was approved at the UAE telco giant's extra-ordinary general assembly meeting held yesterday (May 28) at its head office in Abu Dhabi, said the company statement.
The use of the new external funding (debt) is still subject to finalisation of remaining terms and conditions to acquire Vivendi’s stake in Maroc Telecom, which is subject to the completion of the remaining acquisition requirements, the statement added.
Etisalat had offered a higher price for Maroc Telecom stake than its rival Qatari bidder Ooredoo, according to sources.
However, Etisalat's bid needs further work as it has more legal conditions than Ooredoo's offer. So Vivendi has not yet made a final choice, they added.
Vivendi has been in talks in recent weeks with Etisalat to remove some of the legal clauses in its bid, the sources said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit