Etisalat wins approval to raise finance for Maroc bid
Abu Dhabi, May 29, 2013
UAE's leading telecom services operator Etisalat has won approval from its shareholders to raise financing for acquiring Vivendi’s 53 per cent stake in Marco Telecom, said a company statement.
The board’s recommendation was approved at the UAE telco giant's extra-ordinary general assembly meeting held yesterday (May 28) at its head office in Abu Dhabi, said the company statement.
The use of the new external funding (debt) is still subject to finalisation of remaining terms and conditions to acquire Vivendi’s stake in Maroc Telecom, which is subject to the completion of the remaining acquisition requirements, the statement added.
Etisalat had offered a higher price for Maroc Telecom stake than its rival Qatari bidder Ooredoo, according to sources.
However, Etisalat's bid needs further work as it has more legal conditions than Ooredoo's offer. So Vivendi has not yet made a final choice, they added.
Vivendi has been in talks in recent weeks with Etisalat to remove some of the legal clauses in its bid, the sources said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network