Batelco sponsors charity health event
Manama, May 5, 2013
Batelco hearts & minds committee recently joined forces with the Ministry of Health & Muharraq Governorate, to sponsor a charitable event to raise awareness about controlling high blood pressure.
The event, which took place on Amwaj Island, provided an opportunity for Batelco and others to join in and raise awareness about the major issue of high blood pressure in Bahrain, a statement from the company said.
A friendly bicycle race was held for the youth, which was held with the support of the Bahrain Bicycle Association.
The hearts & minds committee are a group of volunteers that work in various fields and departments within Batelco. They share one common goal, which is serving the community in as many ways as possible, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president