Menatelecom 'surprised' by TRA 4G move
Manama, April 3, 2013
Menatelecom, a telecom provider in Bahrain, has expressed surprise over the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority's (TRA) decision to postpone 4G spectrum auction.
Earlier, the compnay won a court injunction order to be allowed to participate in the 4G LTE Broadband auction planned by the TRA, a statement from the company said.
Menatelecom had been excluded by the TRA from participating in the auction, it said.
“Ihis decision (to postpone auction) has been taken after the Urgent Matters Court’s injunction order to allow Menatelecom’s participation in the auction,” said the statement.
“Menatelecom was surprised by the TRA-Bahrain’s decision to postpone the auction date indefinitely despite the court’s decision,” it said.
In 2007, Menatelecom won the 3.5 GHz spectrum in a fair and transparent bidding process and since then the company has been a major player in the kingdom’s telecom sector of Bahrain, and it has injected significant investment into the sector, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon