Menatelecom 'surprised' by TRA 4G move
Manama, April 3, 2013
Menatelecom, a telecom provider in Bahrain, has expressed surprise over the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority's (TRA) decision to postpone 4G spectrum auction.
Earlier, the compnay won a court injunction order to be allowed to participate in the 4G LTE Broadband auction planned by the TRA, a statement from the company said.
Menatelecom had been excluded by the TRA from participating in the auction, it said.
“Ihis decision (to postpone auction) has been taken after the Urgent Matters Court’s injunction order to allow Menatelecom’s participation in the auction,” said the statement.
“Menatelecom was surprised by the TRA-Bahrain’s decision to postpone the auction date indefinitely despite the court’s decision,” it said.
In 2007, Menatelecom won the 3.5 GHz spectrum in a fair and transparent bidding process and since then the company has been a major player in the kingdom’s telecom sector of Bahrain, and it has injected significant investment into the sector, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming