Etisalat launches eLife TV iPad app
Abu Dhabi, March 23, 2013
Etisalat said it has become the first operator in the region to launched the new eLife TV iPad App, which will enable the subscribers to watch eLife TV on their iPad, computers or laptop.
The Etisalat announcement came on the sidelines of its participation at Broadband MEA 2013.
The eLife TV on iPad and PC includes live streaming of more than 150 live TV channels, including premium sports channels such as Al Jazeera Sport, Dubai Sports and Abu Dhabi Sports channels.
Customer will be able to enjoy a full week’s worth of Catch Up TV for hundreds of live TV programs that they may have missed, on their smart tablet or web browser. Rented On Demand Movies from eLife TV will also be available for iPad and PC web browsers.
Subscribers will now be able to watch eLife TV on their iPad, computers or laptop whether at home or on the move over WiFi or Etisalat's super-fast Mobile Internet.
Another great feature is that customers can now easily tweet from within their eLife TV iPad App and web app about live TV programs or On Demand Movies that they are watching. They can also post it on their Facebook page and share it with their friends.
On the new service, Rashed Majed Al Abbar, the VP of Home Product Marketing, Etisalat, said: "We noticed that our customers are now spending more time on their tablets and personal computers. This led us to develop this new app that extends the superb eLife TV experience even to subscribers on the move."
"The live streaming of High Definition Live TV channels will allow for interactive entertainment, as subscribers can hit the pause button while watching an OnDemand movie on TV and resume watching it on their iPad. It will also become easier to share content with friends on social media platforms and set reminders to watch live TV shows on your iPad. Sports enthusiasts can also enjoy their favorite live matches whether they are at home or outside," he added.
eLife TV iPad App is now available for free download from Apple's UAE iTunes App Store, he stated.
“We are very pleased to offer this very unique service that offers a comprehensive and interactive eLife TV experience on iPad. The app experience also allows access to what you get from your TV subscription, including your user profile favorites and bookmarks,” said Al Abbar.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Etisalat |
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum