Mobily showcases TD-LTE expertise
Riyadh, March 5, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom services operator in Saudi Arabia, showcased its expertise in the TD LTE (Time-Division Long-Term Evolution) network at the recent GSMA conference held in Barcelona, Spain.
Addressing a gathering of top CEOs of global telecom companies, the Mobily acting CTO Alaa Al Maliki put spotlight on Mobily’s 'world records' of milestones including its achieving the highest volume term of data transmission and number of subscribers.
“Mobily fully understands the current trend of telecom sector in the region. Keeping this in mind, we plan to invest heavily in the data sector for the high revenue and positive impacts this sector has on customers,” said Al Maliki.
Mobily, he stated, had set a new world record in daily 4G data transmission, which reached more than 400 terabytes per day, outperforming the previous numbers of 350 terabytes registered for 3G.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions