Mobily showcases TD-LTE expertise
Riyadh, March 5, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom services operator in Saudi Arabia, showcased its expertise in the TD LTE (Time-Division Long-Term Evolution) network at the recent GSMA conference held in Barcelona, Spain.
Addressing a gathering of top CEOs of global telecom companies, the Mobily acting CTO Alaa Al Maliki put spotlight on Mobily’s 'world records' of milestones including its achieving the highest volume term of data transmission and number of subscribers.
“Mobily fully understands the current trend of telecom sector in the region. Keeping this in mind, we plan to invest heavily in the data sector for the high revenue and positive impacts this sector has on customers,” said Al Maliki.
Mobily, he stated, had set a new world record in daily 4G data transmission, which reached more than 400 terabytes per day, outperforming the previous numbers of 350 terabytes registered for 3G.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi
- UAE TRA to allocate new bands