Microsoft unveils cloud services at Oman event
Muscat, February 25, 2013
US-based Microsoft has brought the next-generation of cloud and productivity technology products and services to Oman as part of its annual Open Door event held in collaboration with the Information Technology Authority (ITA).
Windows 8, Office 2013, Windows Server 2012 are highlights from the technology portfolio that event attendees experienced during the Open Door event held at The Pearl Conference Room in Al Bustan Palace recently.
Microsoft Open Door is a one-day event that brings together speakers from Microsoft and partners to provide the IT professional and business community with insights into the latest technology innovations, a statement from the company said.
Open Door Oman is one of five Microsoft experiential technology showcases taking place in the Gulf region in 2013, reaching people across five countries including Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and UAE. Regional sponsors for Gulf Open Door are Nokia and HP. Additional partners include Exceed IT Services and Training, Lenovo and Toshiba.
“Microsoft Open Door presents a unique opportunity for IT professionals and enthusiasts in Oman to experience tomorrow’s technologies today,” said Tareq Hijazi, regional country manager for Microsoft Oman and Bahrain.
“As a company, we place innovation at the heart of everything we do and our belief that technology enables change goes hand-in-hand with Oman’s vision of the development of a competitive and diversified economy, and we are confident that innovation and technology will contribute to the future development of Oman.”
“We are committed, through working with our partners, to providing IT professionals and businesses in Oman the latest technology to enhance productivity, enable innovation and reduce security risks,” he added.
“We believe that Microsoft’s newly-launched products are a leap into the future of computing,” said Fahad Sultan Al-Abri, director general, digital development division at ITA. “We have long enjoyed a productive relationship with Microsoft and are pleased to deepen our collaboration in bringing the latest technologies closer to the business & IT sectors in Oman.”
During the event, Microsoft provided access to pioneering next-generation IT solutions and discussed ways and means to help businesses improve their productivity and return on investment (ROI) using technology, the statement said.
In addition, a special focus was given to cloud computing, with Microsoft showcasing its latest innovations and the cloud capabilities that Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 bring to businesses and consumers.
Karam Jabi, managing director, HP Oman, said: “We are pleased to announce our partnership with Microsoft Gulf for the Open Door Roadshow, which aligns with HP’s vision of creating new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society.”
“As the world’s largest technology company, we are looking forward to engaging with IT and business professionals through Open Door to introduce them to the latest innovation.”
Vithesh Reddy, general manager, Nokia Lower Gulf, said: “Innovations within the realm of technology have played a vital role in the growth and productivity of the region. We see partnering with Microsoft Gulf for the Open Door as an opportunity to be involved in the new ways by which leaders from the IT and corporate world connect with each other to share the latest trends in productivity through real-time conversations.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit