World Summit Award opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, February 3, 2013
The 2013 World Summit Award (WSA) - Mobile Content, which will honour 40 of the best mobile content and applications picked by an international panel, opened today in Abu Dhabi.
The only ICT event assembling mobility practitioners from over 160 countries, WSA-Mobile 2013 will run through February 5 at the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers.
WSA-Mobile 2013 comprises a Global Congress, Gala and Exhibition – all held under the theme ‘Excellence in Mobile Content 2.0.’
The event provides a broad platform for discussing, exploring and celebrating the latest and the best mobile innovations alongside opinion leaders and experts from around the world.
Harri Koponen, COO of Angry Birds creator Rovio Entertainment and UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs Assistant Secretary-General Thomas Stelzer are among the speakers who will provide valuable insights on the role and future of mobile applications and content.
Rashed Lahej Al Mansoori, director general of the Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Centre (Adsic), and Prof Peter Bruck, WSA’s chairman of the board, delivered opening talks to commence WSA-Mobile 2013.
Adsic, the event’s partner host, is the government entity in charge of overseeing the modernization of Abu Dhabi’s public services through the use of ICT.
“The strong turnout and exceptional global support for WSA-Mobile 2013 reflects the growing importance of mobile content in particular and technology in general in social and economic development,” said Al Mansoori.
“We are eager to hear from the best in the field and share our experiences as well on the use of modern tools for achieving sustainable growth and the aspirations of the UN’s Millennium Development Goals. Adsic looks to ICT to help transform Abu Dhabi into one of the top five governments in the world, which is why we strongly support premier technology events such as WSA-Mobile.”
The event will feature various Mobile Innovation Sessions, Keynotes, and Excellence Sessions.
The final day will be punctuated by the WSA-Mobile Award Gala where eight WSA-mobile global champions for 2013 will be announced. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m