Etisalat wins top ADX award
Abu Dhabi, January 28, 2013
UAE-based leading telecom operator Etisalat led the list of Abu Dhabi's Top 100 key government investment companies listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX), according to a new index.
The company was honoured at a recently held awards ceremony hosted by Abu Dhabi University.
Etisalat topped the list with net profits of Dh5.8 billion ($1.58 billion) for 2011, and the telecoms operator's market capital was pegged at Dh72 billion according to figures provided by ADX.
Rashed Al Baloushi, chief executive at Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange, and Mohammed Omar Abdullah, undersecretary of the Department of Economic Development (DED), handed over the certificates in the presence of Fahad Saeed Al Raqbani, deputy director general of the Abu Dhabi Council for Economic Development (ADCED), and Dr Abdulwahid bin Khalid Al Homaid, Deputy Minister of Labour.
Ali Al Ahmed, chief of corporate communications, Etisalat, said: “It is an honor for Etisalat to receive this award, which recognises our outstanding financial track record over the years. Our loyal and expanding customer base offers testimony to our customer-centric services, which are responsive to changing market dynamics.”
“We are confident that we will continue to achieve greater milestones that will help us maintain our position as a leading global ICT company and significantly contribute to positioning the UAE as the ideal destination for working, studying, living and tourism.”
“Etisalat will continue to work with local, regional and international partners across the telecom spectrum to develop cutting-edge technologies. We are confident we will capitalise on the current dynamic environment through our investment in FTTH fibre-optic cabling and the LTE 4G network for the benefit of our customers,” Al Ahmed said.
Set up to recognise Abu Dhabi companies based on their economic performance, the award categories include top companies listed on the exchange, key government investment companies, largest regional private sector natural gas producers, those with the highest number of employees and those employing the maximum number of UAE nationals. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies