Microsoft, Oman society to host NGO workshop
Muscat, December 18, 2012
Microsoft Gulf and Oman Information Technology Society (OITS) are hosting a workshop in Muscat that aims to introduce non-government organisations (NGOs) to Microsoft’s technological opportunities.
The second NGO Connection Day will be held on December 23 at the Grand Hyatt, in association with Tawasul and Exceed IT Training and Services.
Under the theme “Empowering NGOs through Technology”, the workshop will also provide technical demonstrations of Microsoft products and give NGOs the opportunity to network with relevant institutions.
Microsoft aims to create a chance for NGOs in Oman to obtain all needed information to access all available resources varying from software donations to training programmes.
Speakers from Microsoft, OITS, Tawasul, Exceed IT Training and Services and other partners will explain to the audience how technology can help them lower costs, improve effectiveness, and enable more meaningful services to the different communities they serve in Oman.
Microsoft’s first NGO Connection Day in Oman, held in 2011, witnessed a great success and was attended by representatives from over 50 non-governmental organizations; the seminar discussed the role of civil society in addressing youth employability in the Sultanate by leveraging technology in collaboration with both the public and private sectors. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions