Microsoft, Oman society to host NGO workshop
Muscat, December 18, 2012
Microsoft Gulf and Oman Information Technology Society (OITS) are hosting a workshop in Muscat that aims to introduce non-government organisations (NGOs) to Microsoft’s technological opportunities.
The second NGO Connection Day will be held on December 23 at the Grand Hyatt, in association with Tawasul and Exceed IT Training and Services.
Under the theme “Empowering NGOs through Technology”, the workshop will also provide technical demonstrations of Microsoft products and give NGOs the opportunity to network with relevant institutions.
Microsoft aims to create a chance for NGOs in Oman to obtain all needed information to access all available resources varying from software donations to training programmes.
Speakers from Microsoft, OITS, Tawasul, Exceed IT Training and Services and other partners will explain to the audience how technology can help them lower costs, improve effectiveness, and enable more meaningful services to the different communities they serve in Oman.
Microsoft’s first NGO Connection Day in Oman, held in 2011, witnessed a great success and was attended by representatives from over 50 non-governmental organizations; the seminar discussed the role of civil society in addressing youth employability in the Sultanate by leveraging technology in collaboration with both the public and private sectors. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m