Batelco launches new mentoring programme
Manama, December 9, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company has launched a new mentoring programme, as part of its training and development schemes.
The programme will pair graduate trainees with members of Batelco’s management teams or general staff members who have specialized skills in key areas. The mentors, who are volunteering their time to support the trainees, have all participated in training sessions and workshops to learn the skills needed to be effective mentors.
A workshop has also taken place for the selected trainees who have been chosen as mentees. The mentees have been selected due to their strong work ethic and enthusiastic approach in the workplace.
Batelco general manager HR Bahrain Suhaila Alnowakhda said that the innovative programme is part of a comprehensive skills development programme which aims to enhance the wide range of training and development opportunities available within the company.
Batelco manager HR Training & Development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa, who is leading the new initiative, said that the programme promised to be a great development vehicle for Batelco’s young talents.
“We are very keen to ensure the success of this programme and develop it into a leading initiative that others will aspire to follow,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution