Mobily named operator of the year
Riyadh, December 9, 2012
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), Saudi Arabia’s top telecom provider, won the CommsMEA’s Operator of the Year Award for 2012 at a ceremony during IPT Group annual event that was held in Dubai.
Mobily was named the winner thanks to its giant projects and initiatives over the last years and the impact it made on the region's telecom sector.
Humoud AlGhobaini, SVP, Corporate Communications, received the award on behalf of Mobily during the event was attended by a number of ministers and senior officials telecommunication sector in the region.
Mobily played a major role to enhance and develop telecom sector in the Middle East. The company’s outstanding achievements included efforts to invest in the latest technologies, as well as the ongoing improvement of the infrastructure development and innovation in products and services.
CommsMEA assessment process considered several criteria, some of which were the financial performance, providing the latest technologies, as well as the diversity of innovative services provided to the customers.
Mobily’s remarkable achievements were listed during the ceremony, those which gave Mobily the leading role in the region, led the company to win many international awards.
Mobily also was rewarded with many distinguished awards this year such as Tier III International Prize for best data center in the region.
According to Forbes, Mobily's management was nominated to be the best in the telecom sector in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages
- Software acquires Alfabet