Mobily named operator of the year
Riyadh, December 9, 2012
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), Saudi Arabia’s top telecom provider, won the CommsMEA’s Operator of the Year Award for 2012 at a ceremony during IPT Group annual event that was held in Dubai.
Mobily was named the winner thanks to its giant projects and initiatives over the last years and the impact it made on the region's telecom sector.
Humoud AlGhobaini, SVP, Corporate Communications, received the award on behalf of Mobily during the event was attended by a number of ministers and senior officials telecommunication sector in the region.
Mobily played a major role to enhance and develop telecom sector in the Middle East. The company’s outstanding achievements included efforts to invest in the latest technologies, as well as the ongoing improvement of the infrastructure development and innovation in products and services.
CommsMEA assessment process considered several criteria, some of which were the financial performance, providing the latest technologies, as well as the diversity of innovative services provided to the customers.
Mobily’s remarkable achievements were listed during the ceremony, those which gave Mobily the leading role in the region, led the company to win many international awards.
Mobily also was rewarded with many distinguished awards this year such as Tier III International Prize for best data center in the region.
According to Forbes, Mobily's management was nominated to be the best in the telecom sector in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility