Du wins telco broadcast project award
Dubai, November 25, 2012
UAE telecom services operator du said it has received the Telco Broadcast Project of the Year award from the Broadcast Pro ME Awards, for its carrier-neutral transit and content hub, datamena.
Datamena was launched in October in line with du’s vision to enable enterprise and broadcast companies to host and distribute their content in the Middle East, said a statement from du.
It delivers a world-class, digital end user experience, with leading data centre facilities, high-speed connectivity and support services for content providers, Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), carriers and operators, it added
“It is an honour to receive the Telco Broadcast Project of the Year award for datamena. That our proposition is already attracting such positive attention is testament to the region’s desire and need for world-class capabilities to host digital content, close to end users," said Mahesh Jaishankar, the VP, Investments (Special Projects), du, who received the award on behalf of datamena.
"Digital media is growing at a staggering pace, and we are committed to giving our customers a competitive advantage in this changing landscape with an end to end product portfolio," Jaishankar added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal