Batelco upgrades command centre
Manama, November 7, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, has upgraded its command centre and network operations centre (NOC) located at the company’s Hamala headquarters.
In the case of any crisis situation which may impact the provision of communications services, Batelco’s crisis management team (CMT) will convene at the command centre to discuss and implement solutions to keep Bahrain connected to local and international networks.
The CMT includes a number of Batelco’s general management team led by the company’s chief executive Rashid Abdulla, a statement from the company said.
The command centre and NOC are crucial elements of the company’s business continuity plan (BCP) which ensures its readiness to deal with any disaster.
Batelco holds annual BCP rehearsals which involve Batelco crisis management team with the support of several employees across the company, the statement said.
The company also has two alternative command centres located at its Hamala headquarters and its Telephone House in Salmaniya.
Batelco Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa and Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla accompanied by Business Continuity general manager Dr Abdulla Al Thawadi and other executive management and officials, recently toured the newly upgraded command centre and NOC to experience first-hand Batelco’s crisis management facilities. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon