Zain Saudi Q3 loss widens to $131m
Riyadh, October 16, 2012
Indebted telecom operator Zain Saudi reported a widening third-quarter net loss on Tuesday, citing a move in call traffic from international to national calls.
Saudi Arabia's No.3 mobile company, an affiliate of Kuwait's Zain, made a net loss of 493 million riyals ($131 million) in the three months to September 30. This compares with a net loss of 484 million riyals in the year-earlier period.
In a bourse statement, the company said: "The principal reason for the increase in the net loss... has been the rebalancing of significant volumes of traffic from international to national destinations". - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'