Kingston offers browser support for Wi-Drive
Dubai, May 29, 2012
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, has announced an update enabling browser support for Wi-Drive.
The update allows multiplatform wireless streaming of data to any Wi-Fi enabled mobile device via a Web browser. All current owners of Kingston Wi-Drive can update their devices and it will be included in future shipments, a statement said.
This expansion of device support allows a mixture of users’ preferred mobile devices to simultaneously access and share content on Wi-Drive. With integrated Wi-Fi and four hours of battery life, Kingston Wi-Drive offers pocket-sized portable storage and easy file sharing for any Wi-Fi device including Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android devices and Kindle Fire, among others.
In addition, Wi-Drive is now available in capacities of up to 64GB. The new 64GB version allows even more sharing and further expands the capacity of every Wi-Fi enabled device.
The new, larger addition joins the existing 32GB Wi-Drive. Kingston also offers optimised Apps for Wi-Drive providing additional features for users. Wi-Drive App for Android OS devices is now available on Google Play App store.
Due to the variety of Android-based devices, Wi-Drive offers the most versatile experience for users so they can choose between the Web browser and App to access and share their media.
Minor enhancements and fixes have also been made to the Apps for Kindle Fire and Apple devices. Current users of these Wi-Drive Apps will automatically receive notice of these updates while all-new downloads of the Apps will be to the new version, the statement said.
The free Wi-Drive App is available for Kindle Fire on the Amazon Appstore, and for Apple devices in the App Store. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit