Etisalat names key HR officials
Abu Dhabi, April 1, 2012
Etisalat has appointed Younis Abdul Aziz Al Nimr the new chief human resources officer (CHRO) of Etisalat UAE, while Faiez Awad has been named the senior vice president, HR Business Optimization – Asia at Etisalat Group.
Abdul Aziz Al Sawalih, CHRO – Etisalat Group said that the appointments were concomitant with Etisalat’s commitment to recruit and train the best national talent for key roles within the corporation.
“As a leading international telecommunications group active across 17 countries in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, Etisalat has elevated nationalization priorities by consistently increasing national presence in these markets that now have nearly 70 employees of Emirati origin,” Al Sawalih said.
“We have the development and preparatory tools to help every national employee achieve their professional goals and expand their professional knowledge and experience beyond our home market in the UAE.”
Al Nimr returns to Etisalat UAE having served in the capacity of CHRO at Etisalat Misr since 2008.
Al Nimr holds a Master’s degree in quality management from Dubai University.
Faiez Awad joined Etisalat in August 1998 as employee services coordinator. Prior to joining Etisalat, Awad worked in Gulf Aircraft Maintenance Company, Abu Dhabi, as assistant manager HR.
Awad holds a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from University of Arizona. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president