Batelco launches ‘Socialbox’ app
Manama, March 26, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, Batelco, has launched Socialbox, a smart mobile application that delivers a superb line-up of in-demand features.
Socialbox provides a complete experience for users by offering three unique services - mobile backup, integration of your social media and finding friends who have the app.
Mobile backup within Socialbox provides the ability to back-up and retrieve contacts and calendar entries on-the-go anytime and on different Batelco devices. The smart app syncs, restores and transfers the user’s contacts, from the phone to the WAP site where they can retrieve them if they lose or change their device from http://batelco.com/socialbox.
The social streams gives the user the facility to update their status, upload photos and post comments on all their favourite social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin simultaneously, via their mobile handset. Customers can post a single comment for all their social media without having to write the update for each social network separately.
Furthermore, via the friend finder facility, users can find their Socialbox friends who are in the same area and have subscribed to the app. The requested recipient needs to opt and allow him or herself to be located.
Socialbox is available for both postpaid and prepaid users and can be subscribed at a monthly fee of 400 fils ($1.906). Additionally, individual services within Socialbox can also be subscribed at 250 fils ($0.67) each per month.
Standard GPRS rates apply for data usage. Customers can also use the data from their existing package.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “There is a very wide variety of social media tools being used and keeping track of them has just been made so much easier with Socialbox.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre