Du 4G service wins TRA nod
Dubai, November 15, 2011
UAE's integrated telecom operator du has been allowed by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) to refer to its HSPA+ mobile network as 4G, a company statement said.
It said since March 2011, du has been providing 4G mobile data network in the UAE, covering 99.8 per cent of the country’s population.
However, du was temporarily refrained by the TRA from running advertisements claiming its mobile network was 4G till a review was done.
The company said that over the past few weeks it had submitted detailed information to the TRA in support of its claim and the TRA had carefully studied them.
'Du is committed to lead and continue to offer the latest telecom technologies and products to the consumers in the UAE,' it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'