SanDisk offers Web security on new USB
Dubai, January 19, 2011
SanDisk Corporation, the global leader in flash memory cards, is offering encryption and online backup features across its entire retail USB portfolio.
SanDisk SecureAccess software protects files against unauthorized access by creating an encrypted, password-protected folder or ‘vault’ on the USB drive. The software also includes up to 2 gigabytes (GB) of secure online backup storage offered by Dmailer.
“With the UAE being a global business hub, it is among the most vulnerable countries in the GCC to malicious attacks, hence data security has become an absolute necessity,” said Tareq Husseini, SanDisk’s MEA sales director.
“The SanDisk USB drives with SecureAccess software offer an easy to use vault protected by AES encryption,” he added.
SanDisk is also expanding its USB product portfolio with two new drives to meet the needs of a broad set of customers.
The SanDisk Ultra USB flash drive features faster transfer rates and the SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB drive offers easy portability, a statement said.
The SanDisk Ultra USB flash drive features faster transfer speeds of up to 15 megabytes per second and large storage capacities that help consumers manage libraries of multimedia content.
The drive carries a five-year limited warranty and comes in 8GB to 32GB capacities. The SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB flash drive features a compact slider design for easy portability. The drive carries a two-year limited warranty and is available in 2GB to 16GB capacities. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services