Fortinet product 'offers great performance'
Dubai, April 13, 2008
Fortinet, a leading provider of unified threat management (UTM) solutions, today announced it has achieved breakthrough performance for the mid-enterprise segment with the new FortiGate 310B multi-threat security appliance.
By incorporating into the FortiGate-310B purpose-built FortiASIC network processors previously reserved for its high-end product lines, Fortinet is raising the bar on firewall (FW) and virtual private network (VPN) throughput performance to gigabit-per-second (Gbps) speeds, and enabling wire-speed firewall performance, the company said.
"As a mid-enterprise product, the FortiGate-310B delivers the best price/performance ratio in its class with FW/VPN speeds that rival competitors’ entry point high-end enterprise products, yet is priced significantly lower. Additional benefits provided by the FortiGate-310B appliance include highest-in-class port density of 10 gigabit Ethernet ports, with an additional four gigabit ports made available through an optional Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC) module," it said.
The increased FW/VPN throughput and high port-density on the FortiGate-310B appliance relieves small- and medium-sized enterprises of the constraints that have historically prevented internal network security segmentation. The ability to provide security segmentation allows customers’ greater flexibility in managing their networks with a higher degree of precision, giving network managers increased policy granularity and the ability to isolate and contain security events for faster resolution. These capabilities were previously reserved for high-end enterprise security products, but are now available to the mid-enterprise segment through the FortiGate-310B security appliance, it said.
“Smaller enterprises, or firms with lean IT and security staffs, want consolidated network security services — from firewall, VPN and AV, to IPS and secure network zoning,” said Phil Hochmuth, an analyst with the Yankee Group. “For such organisations, the more roles a single piece of hardware can take on, the better — as long as performance does not suffer.”
The FortiGate-310B security appliance offers customers robust multi-threat protection from a single device, which increases security while lowering operational and capital expenditures. -TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit