4.9 quake jolts Tokyo, no tsunami warning
Tokyo, November 24, 2012
An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.9 jolted Tokyo and nearby areas on Saturday, but no tsunami warning has been issued, Japan Meteorological Agency said.
Some trains were temporarily halted but are now back to normal service, public broadcaster NHK said. There were no immediate reports of damage.
The depth of the tremor was 80 km (50 miles) in Chiba prefecture, east of Tokyo, the Meteorological Agency said. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Bond, shares tumble as Fed signals end to stimulus
- Floods wreak havoc in India; over 150 dead
- Afghan government to shun US talks with Taliban
- Gold falls to 2-month lows on stimulus outlook
- World Bank watching Fed, ready to respond
- Blast hits Syrian port of Latakia
- Asian business sentiment upbeat in Q2, says survey
- Lebanese minister accuses Syria of 'ethnic cleansing'
- US to meet Taliban to seek Afghan peace
- Taliban 'ready for Afghan peace talks'