Greek conservative leader to become PM
Athens, June 20, 2012
Greek conservative leader Antonis Samaras will be sworn in as prime minister later on Wednesday, an official in the Greek president's office said.
Samaras, whose New Democracy party won Sunday's election, is forming a government with the backing of the Socialist Pasok and the smaller Democratic Left parties.
Samaras is due to meet President Karolos Papoulias at 1300 GMT, after which he will be sworn in, said the official, who declined to be named.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Europe braces for deadly hurricane Xaver
- 11 killed in Iraq mall attack
- EU slaps $2.3bn fine on top banks
- US lawmakers worried over Iran's enrichment ability
- HK, Malaysia eye closer Islamic finance ties
- Hezbollah blames Israel for commander killing
- EPA fracking study could hurt energy boom
- Arafat didn't die of poisoning, says French report
- Ukraine protesters threaten tighter blockade
- Investigator close to naming Arafat death suspects