Greek conservative leader to become PM
Athens, June 20, 2012
Greek conservative leader Antonis Samaras will be sworn in as prime minister later on Wednesday, an official in the Greek president's office said.
Samaras, whose New Democracy party won Sunday's election, is forming a government with the backing of the Socialist Pasok and the smaller Democratic Left parties.
Samaras is due to meet President Karolos Papoulias at 1300 GMT, after which he will be sworn in, said the official, who declined to be named.-Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Severn Trent rejects $7.2bn Kuwait bid offer
- US chides Russian missile delivery to Assad
- Shots fired at Cannes, actors flee for cover
- Turkey pressures UN on Syria no-fly zone
- Bankers see robust M&A recovery in 2013
- Obama budget cuts deficit $1.1 trillion over decade
- 60 injured in US train crash
- European car market ends losing streak
- S&P reaffirms negative outlook on India rating
- US consumer mood rises to new high