Iran should take steps on uranium says US
Istanbul, June 7, 2012
Major powers want Iran to come to nuclear talks ready to take steps to curb its enrichment of uranium to 20 per cent purity, a level that brings it closer to developing bomb grade material, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday.
"We want them to come prepared to take concrete steps, particularly in the area of 20 per cent enrichment," Clinton told reporters, referring to a meeting on Iran's nuclear programme to be held on June 18 and 19 in Moscow. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- World Bank watching Fed, ready to respond
- Blast hits Syrian port of Latakia
- Asian business sentiment upbeat in Q2, says survey
- Lebanese minister accuses Syria of 'ethnic cleansing'
- US to meet Taliban to seek Afghan peace
- Taliban 'ready for Afghan peace talks'
- Assad says Europe will "pay price" if it arms rebels
- Putin faces isolation over Syria as G8 ups pressure
- US right to arm Syrian rebels, says Israeli president
- Putin, Obama face off over Syria issue