Iran should take steps on uranium says US
Istanbul, June 7, 2012
Major powers want Iran to come to nuclear talks ready to take steps to curb its enrichment of uranium to 20 per cent purity, a level that brings it closer to developing bomb grade material, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday.
"We want them to come prepared to take concrete steps, particularly in the area of 20 per cent enrichment," Clinton told reporters, referring to a meeting on Iran's nuclear programme to be held on June 18 and 19 in Moscow. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal
- US exits GM stake in $10bn loss for taxpayers
- World leaders gather for Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in polls
- Chinese 'spied on Europeans before G20 summit'
- Bitter cold, ice grip US East Coast
- EU scraps duty on jet fuel imports
- Tech giants call for more controls on surveillance
- Thai PM dissolves parliament, calls snap polls
- Arabs seek nuclear arms-free Middle East