Free trade, economic zones summit in Dubai
Dubai, October 9, 2013
Business leaders and decision makers from more than 50 nations will meet in Dubai to discuss economic harmonization and integration through free trade and special economic zones.
The third Global Free Trade and Special Economic Zones Summit will take place at the Shangri La Hotel from October 21 to 23.
The gathering will facilitate access and networking directly with international governments, trade, investment and industrial leaders and decision makers.
Discussions will include attracting strategic investors, developing inward investment and FDI; evolving industry clusters to promote economic diversification; and industrial trade finance to enhance international investment – the role of Exim banks, industrial development finance institutions, multilateral and international banking and finance.
It will also include the role of ports and airports as gateways for international trade and strengthening global trade and investment links.
A number of top officials will be addressing the gathering including Dr Mukhisa Kituyi, secretary-general of UNCTAD; Juma Al Kait, Assistant Undersecretary-Foreign Trade Affair, UAE’s Ministry of Economy; and Dr Abdulrazak Faris Al Faris, chief economist of Economic Policy and Research Center, Dubai Economic Council.
A post-summit tour on October 24 will showcase the leading industrial, port and trade destinations in Dubai and the integrated approach to trade facilitation and capabilities that are jointly available through Dubai Trade, Dubai Customs and DP World. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures