Bahrain seaport operations reviewed
Manama, October 7, 2013
The operations at the Khalifa Bin Salman Port (KBSP), the kingdom's main seaport, and steps needed to improve ongoing co-ordination came up for discussions at the latest quarterly stakeholder meeting.
It featured participation from Transportation Ministry and Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI), representatives of customs clearing and transport agents and from APM Terminals Bahrain, the port operator, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Director of ports operations Bader Hood Al Mahmood held discussions with BCCI board member and chairman of the transportation committee Abdulhakeem Al Shammary.
Al Mahmood said the purpose of the meeting was to ensure closer co-operation between all relevant stakeholders in regard to developing and streamlining operations at KBSP and to clear any obstacles faced by clients with the aim of further enhancing the maritime industry in Bahrain.
These regular meetings come as part of the ministry's continuous efforts to strengthen Bahrain's commercial status and to position KBSP as a preferred maritime destination for commerce and trade heading to the Northern Gulf.
To this end, the ministry strives to provide all possible facilitations to enable Bahrain's ongoing growth and development, of which the maritime industry is a key contributor.
Al Shammary said the opinions and ideas that resulted from the meeting will further facilitate the services presented to customers using the port.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan