Hertz Dayim announces Saudi expansion
Jeddah/New Jersey, September 22, 2013
Hertz Dayim Equipment Rental, a joint venture between car rental firm Hertz and Saudi-based Dayim Systems, has opened a new greenfield location in Jeddah as part of its Saudi expansion plans.
Located on the Makkah Highway, the new facility features a 10,000 sq m yard, shop and branch office. It is located 8 km southeast of Jeddah City, with easy access to Yanbu (petro chemical hub of Western Region), the mega project King Abdul Aziz Economic City and close to Makkah and Madina.
The new location will serve Western Province-based petrochemical, oil and gas, government, military, construction, event services, industrial, and emergency response sectors.
Similar to the company's Damman location, the Jeddah operations provides equipment rental and fleet management services. Its broad range of rental solutions includes equipment for earth moving, aerial, material handling, power, electrical, and compressor requirements.
Lois Boyd, the group president, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, said the company continues its rapid growth across the Kingdom in order to meet strong demand. "The aim of our new Jeddah operations is to provide customers a first class, value-added equipment rental supplier in the Western Province. The move also positions Hertz-Dayim for further strong growth opportunities in the region."
Hertz-Dayim Equipment Rental chairman Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan said the expansion was another milestone in its endeavor to make Hertz-Dayim one of the largest equipment rental companies in Saudi Arabia.
"The new branch in Jeddah will be ideally placed to cater to the equipment needs of the large number of infrastructure and construction projects in the Western Province," he stated.
This includes landmark projects such as the Jeddah, Makkah and Medina Metro, Kingdom Tower, the airport expansions and the economic cities. We will continue to expand and invest in this business to create a premier equipment rental company fully aligned with the needs of the industry in Saudi Arabia," he added.
The HERC Jeddah location offers a broad range of equipment and tools, including straight mast and articulating manlifts, telehandlers and construction and industrial fork lifts, light towers and 50KW to 1 MW generators.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Amphibious boat debuts in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event