Sidel moves office to Dubai Studio City
Dubai, September 12, 2013
Sidel, a global supplier of liquid packaging solutions, has moved to a new office tower at Dubai Studio City Tecom Media Cluster.
The global bottling company becomes the first tenant to move to the new DSC tower and will occupy two floors to manage it operations.
Licensed by International Media Production Zone, Sidel is a world leader in glass and can packaging solutions and a major provider of PET solutions for liquid packaging, with a client base that includes blue chip companies and world leading brands in the food and drink industry.
With production sites in 13 countries and 30,000 machines installed in more than 190 nations worldwide, Sidel has selected Dubai Studio City to be its new headquarters for its Greater Middle East and Africa operations.
Clive Smith, vice president, GMEA, Sidel, said: “Having a regional headquarters in Dubai enables us to significantly increase our customer proximity, and offers us an attractive location to recruit top talent as we seek to increase our headcount fourfold.”
“We chose Dubai Studio City over all of the other free zones in the Emirate on account of its great location, proximity to a growing number of facilities and amenities as well as the support from Tecom management in helping with our transition.
“We have over 90 talented employees joining our new Dubai headquarters, who will deliver the highest quality customer service management, project management, planning, sales and installation management. I believe there are excellent prospects for Sidel in the Greater Middle East and Africa, and we will be able to focus on our customers’ local market demands while still delivering a global level of operational excellence,” he added.
The new offices for Sidel in Dubai Studio City will enable the company to operate in an ultra-modern working environment that brings client service, training, order processing, regional coordination and administrative functions all under one roof.
Mohammad Abdullah, managing director of Tecom Media Cluster, which comprises of Dubai Studio City, Dubai Media City and International Media Production Zone, said: “We welcome Sidel to Dubai Studio City as it embarks upon the next phase of its growth in the Middle East.”
“We are pleased to provide them with a location that is well connected with the rest of Dubai as well as making a sound decision to move its headquarters here where it will serve its wider client base. Our ability to identify and provide a solution to our valued business partners continues to set us apart as a destination of choice, and we look forward to Sidel growing further with us in the UAE,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures