Dubai to host paper industry event
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Key paper industry players will showcase their latest products and solutions at a specialised event to be held in Dubai in September.
Paper Arabia 2013, the Mena’s premier event for the paper industry, will be held at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre from September 24 to 26.
The UAE imported approximately Dh4.6 billion ($1.3 billion) worth of paper products in 2011, as compared to Dh3.1 billion in 2007, said a report.
The industry figures published by UN Comtrade represent a cumulative annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10%.
Dubai accounted for over 80 per cent of paper imports valued at Dh3.8 billion, according to the same source.
Satish Khanna, general manager, Al Fajer Information and Services, organisers of the event, said: “Growth in import of paper products can be linked to rising incomes and lifestyle changes, and in part to Dubai and the UAE as a transit hub. Dubai is host to several hospitality and conference clusters, which continually need specialised printing services and paper products.”
China and Indonesia are the key source of import, accounting for a quarter of paper brought into the UAE, while Germany comes third, accounting for 8.1 per cent of Dubai’s imports, followed by India, US, Italy and Finland.
“The most important determinant for growth in the medium to long term is the use of paper in tandem with product packaging and sales which are inexorably linked to population demographics. Papers manufacturers say that packaging accounts for a large proportion of paper consumption,” said Khanna.
Products and solutions to be exhibited will include packaging, distribution, wholesales/retailing, trading and marketing products, from leading firms from France, US, UK, India, China, Germany, Taiwan, Indonesia, Austria, Finland, Italy and other countries.
The paper, tissue and converting industries will be displaying latest technologies at the show. A wide array of machinery products targeting paper mills will be displayed, along with a range of household paper for end users. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo