Egypt army denies blast near Suez Canal
Ismailia, Egypt, July 30, 2013
The Egyptian army said it had investigated reports of an explosion near the Suez Canal on Tuesday morning but found no evidence of one.
"They scanned the area, they found nothing," military spokesman Ahmed Ali told Reuters. Ali said shipping through the canal was operating normally.
Witnesses said earlier they heard an explosion around dawn near a residential area about one kilometre from the canal. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts