Barloworld opens new cold storage warehouse
Dubai, July 8, 2013
Barloworld Logistics, a leading provider of logistics and supply chain management solutions, has inaugurated a new cold storage warehouse inside the Jebel Ali Free Zone.
With the industrial sector now contributing 19 per cent of the national GDP, increasing focus is being directed towards support services and facilities for industrial activities. There has been a sharp rise in demand for specialised facilities to store sensitive products such as food and medicine in Dubai, said a statement.
“The logistics landscape of Dubai and the UAE in general continues to diversify amidst the growing scope and influence of the industrial sector. This requires tailored services and facilities that can meet demand while maintaining operational excellence,” said said Frank Courtney, chief executive for the EMEA region.
“Barloworld’s new warehouse aims to satisfy an important niche of logistics service while exceeding operational demands and setting an example in sustainability as well,” he said.
The environment-friendly 22,000 sq ft cold storage warehouse can maintain temperatures of between 18 and 22 degrees Celsius to carry a host of temperature and humidity-sensitive products such as food and pharmaceuticals, said the statement.
The inauguration was led by chairman Dumisa Ntsebeza and attended by senior officials and staff, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad