Alba hosts seminar on MBA programme
Manama, June 29, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) said it recently organised a one-day seminar on MBA programme for members of the executive management team and departmental managers.
The seminar, held at the Alba Club, provided an overview of topics that form the core curriculum of an MBA programme and included a combination of lectures on key concepts, discussions on their relevance to the business scenario at Alba and various case studies related to the aluminium industry.
The programme was organised as part of Alba's 'Executive Education Series 2013, an initiative of the Training & Recruitment Department to bolster the learning culture across the organisation.
It is based on the principles of continuous improvement and covers wide range of topics such as, management, finance, Information Technology.
Commenting on the programme, Rawdha Salman Alaradi, the manager of Training & Recruitment said:“Alba recognises that a knowledgeable workforce provides the crucial springboard towards strengthening the bottom line and delivering results. This has been one of the key motivations behind organising seminars such as the 1-day MBA Programme."
"We believe that it provides another step in enhancing the learning culture in the company and serve to empower both management and non-management employees with tools to steer the company towards growth," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo