Alba sponsors UN public services forum
Manama, June 23, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) is the platinum sponsor of the 2013 United Nations Public Services Forum, Day and Awards Ceremony (UNPSD2013) starting tomorrow.
The four-day event, being held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, will focus on the theme ‘Transformative e-Government and Innovation: Creating a Better Future for all’.
The sponsorship agreement was announced after a meeting between Ali Al Baqali, Alba’s chief financial officer and Mohammed Ziad Asfour, the vice chairman of the organising committee of UNPSD2013.
Also present at the meeting was the senior manager for human resources and public relations, Abdul Rahman Janahi.
“Bahrain becomes the fourth country in the world and the first in the region to host and organise such a forum outside the UN premises in New York since its launch 10 years ago,” said Asfour.
“More than 700 delegates representing over 94 countries from across the globe are expected to be in attendance here in Bahrain.
Signing of the deal certainly enhances the private sector’s initiative to boost Bahrain’s economy, and reinforces strong partnership relationships with the public sector,” he said.
The United Nations Public Service Awards is an international recognition of excellence in the area of eServices as it rewards public service institutions, and milestone projects from around the globe that have made contributions in the development of public e-services. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport