Alba sponsors UN public services forum
Manama, June 23, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) is the platinum sponsor of the 2013 United Nations Public Services Forum, Day and Awards Ceremony (UNPSD2013) starting tomorrow.
The four-day event, being held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, will focus on the theme ‘Transformative e-Government and Innovation: Creating a Better Future for all’.
The sponsorship agreement was announced after a meeting between Ali Al Baqali, Alba’s chief financial officer and Mohammed Ziad Asfour, the vice chairman of the organising committee of UNPSD2013.
Also present at the meeting was the senior manager for human resources and public relations, Abdul Rahman Janahi.
“Bahrain becomes the fourth country in the world and the first in the region to host and organise such a forum outside the UN premises in New York since its launch 10 years ago,” said Asfour.
“More than 700 delegates representing over 94 countries from across the globe are expected to be in attendance here in Bahrain.
Signing of the deal certainly enhances the private sector’s initiative to boost Bahrain’s economy, and reinforces strong partnership relationships with the public sector,” he said.
The United Nations Public Service Awards is an international recognition of excellence in the area of eServices as it rewards public service institutions, and milestone projects from around the globe that have made contributions in the development of public e-services. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo