Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
Manama, May 15, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, is sponsoring the ongoing CRU World Aluminium Conference in London.
Some of the most influential leaders and key decision makers from the global aluminium industry are in attendance at the three-day event, which opened yesterday (May 14) at the Guoman Hotel.
The companies represented comprise some of the big names in the industry and include those involved in smelting, recycling, rolling, extruding, trade, raw materials, purchasing, technology and finance.
As event sponsor, Alba hosted a welcome reception for all participating delegates on the opening day of the conference. Diplomatic Attaché Shaikh Ali bin Ahmed Al Khalifa represented the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain in the UK on this occasion.
Alba is showcase its extensive range of high-grade aluminium products, meet with current and potential trade partners at an exhibition stand at the sidelines of CRU's 18th World Aluminium Conference.
Tim Murray, Alba’s chief executive, said: “CRU’s World Aluminium Conference plays a pivotal role in bringing together some of the leading decision makers from around the world, and thus, presents a focal point for discussing some of the challenges and opportunities facing the aluminium industry.”
“Alba’s support for this prestigious event indicates our on-going commitment to strengthen the growth of the industry and ensure its continued success,” he added.
CRU is an independent business analysis and consultancy group focused on the mining, metals, power, cables, fertiliser and chemical sectors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures