Alba posts solid Q1 sales growth
Manama, April 7, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has registered a solid growth in its overall sales which hit 219,537 metric tonnes (mt) during the first quarter, up 2.2 per cent over 214,891 mt last year on the back of higher production.
The company's production too jumped by three per cent to hit 227,414 mt versus 220,738 mt for the same period in 2012.
In addition, Alba was able to capitalize on the strong demand of value-added products and closed the first quarter with an average of 66 per cent of total shipments versus 65 per cent in 2012 and 62 per cent in the first quarter last year.
Commenting on the growth, chief executive Tim Murray said, "We are pleased with the higher overall figures for sales and production, ahead of the company’s own forecast for the period thanks to a focused marketing strategy and a sustained focus on enhancing productivity."-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm