UK firms ‘to gain from major Bahrain projects’
Manama, March 25, 2013
UK companies stand to benefit from GBP1 billion ($1.52 billion) worth of business from just five major projects in Bahrain, said British Ambassador to Bahrain, Iain Lindsay.
"We are doing a lot of work to try to encourage more British companies to look at the real opportunities that exist here," he was quoted as saying in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
"By our calculation, if you were to take the five biggest capital projects that are in the pipeline for Bahrain - whether it be infrastructure or major investments being made by companies like Alba and Bapco - on the basis of historical evidence, British companies should be able to pick up at least GBP1 billion worth of business here over the next five to 10 years and that's just from these major projects.
"That's on the basis that they would get their traditional share of major contracts,” Lindsay added.
He said expansions at Alba, GPIC and Bapco all offered potentially lucrative contracts, along with construction of a bigger pipeline from Saudi Arabia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad