DP World to sell stakes in Hong Kong terminals
Dubai, March 7, 2013
Dubai's port operator DP World Limited has agreed to sell stakes in two container terminals and a logistics centre in Hong Kong for a total consideration of $742 million, it said in a statement on Thursday.
The company will sell 75 percent of its stakes in container terminals CSX World Terminals Hong Kong Limited and ATL Logistics Centre Hong Kong Limited (ATL) to Goodman Hong Kong Logistics Fund for $463 million, it said in a statement on the Nasdaq Dubai website.
DP World is also selling all its 55.2 percent stake in Asia Container Terminal, which operates Asia Container Terminal 8 West (CT8), to Hutchison Port Holdings Trust for $279 million.
The asset disposals are expected to result in a net gain of $151 million for DP World and help boost its capital levels, the port operator said. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4