Zamil Saudi venture wins ISO certification
Riyadh, January 7, 2013
Saudi-based Aminat, a joint venture between Huntsman Corporation and Zamil Chemplast, said it has won the key ISO 9001 certification in recognition of the operational performance and professional skills at its Jubail plant.
John Smyth, the VP of Huntsman’s EMEA Performance Products business, said: ”This is a remarkable achievement for a site which only began production two years ago. It confirms our commitment to product quality and customer service and is a recognition of the world class operational performance, high level of skills, and excellent teamwork within Aminat."
"Aminat is a key part of the Huntsman global supply network of ethyleneamines to customers in the Middle East, India, Europe and Asia Pacific," he added.
Huntsman, he said, is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. "Our operating companies manufacture products for a variety of global industries, including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging," he added.
Zamil Chemplast is a holding company owned by Zamil Group, with seven affiliated JVs in the areas of plastic conversion and specialty chemicals.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week