Dubai firm plans big rebar production
Dubai, December 25, 2012
UAE-based Conares Metal Supply, a leader in the downstream steel products industry, has announced plans to manufacture 40 mm reinforcing steel bars (rebar) at its facility in Jebel Ali free zone area (Jafza), Dubai to meet the growing demand for the product.
Established in 2001, Conares initially focused on steel trading, interacting with renowned steel plants and bringing the best competencies to the region by setting up its own manufacturing.
The company now operates a pipe plant (180,000 mt) with galvanizing line (36 000 mt), which produces 5,000-6,000 tonnes of black and 3,000 tonnes of galvanized pipes monthly.
Commenting on the new modifications, Bharat Bhatia, the CEO and managing director, Conares, said: “We are pleased to announce the production of 40 mm rebar at our facility in Jafza. With the growing demand of steel in the market, we aim to produce and provide the highest quality of steel that would benefit our customers’ requirements.”
With its alliance with the various steel mills around the world, Conares supplies the UAE and GCC market with steel products. Its clientele includes pre-engineering companies, major steel trading companies and construction companies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad