Dubai firm plans big rebar production
Dubai, December 25, 2012
UAE-based Conares Metal Supply, a leader in the downstream steel products industry, has announced plans to manufacture 40 mm reinforcing steel bars (rebar) at its facility in Jebel Ali free zone area (Jafza), Dubai to meet the growing demand for the product.
Established in 2001, Conares initially focused on steel trading, interacting with renowned steel plants and bringing the best competencies to the region by setting up its own manufacturing.
The company now operates a pipe plant (180,000 mt) with galvanizing line (36 000 mt), which produces 5,000-6,000 tonnes of black and 3,000 tonnes of galvanized pipes monthly.
Commenting on the new modifications, Bharat Bhatia, the CEO and managing director, Conares, said: “We are pleased to announce the production of 40 mm rebar at our facility in Jafza. With the growing demand of steel in the market, we aim to produce and provide the highest quality of steel that would benefit our customers’ requirements.”
With its alliance with the various steel mills around the world, Conares supplies the UAE and GCC market with steel products. Its clientele includes pre-engineering companies, major steel trading companies and construction companies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants