Dubal executive wins special GAC award
Dubai, December 18, 2012
The Gulf Aluminium Council (GAC) recently honoured a senior executive of Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) in recognition of his significant contribution to the establishment of the GAC and its activities.
Saeed Al Mazrooei, president & CEO of Emirates Aluminium presented the Special Thank You Award to Khalid Buhumaid, vice president, Corporate Relations & International Affairs at Dubal.
Mahmoud Daylami, secretary general, GAC said, “This award is given to individuals or groups of people who provide significant contributions to the activities of the GAC and the Board of Directors.
“Khalid Buhumaid played an instrumental role in the formation of the GAC and remains a valuable supporter of its work. The GAC Board of Directors truly appreciates his assistance and continued involvement.”
Buhumaid said, “The GAC was established as a result of keen interest from all the primary aluminium smelters in the region to work together on common strategies.
“Since its official inception in 2010, the GAC has proved its capacity to contribute positively to the effective operation of the aluminium industry in the Gulf. I am delighted at the progress made to date and look forward to the GAC having even greater impact in the future.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad