An artists's impression of the marina
Durrat Marina launches new yacht club
Manama, December 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Durrat Marina, a major mixed-use development, yesterday announced the formation of its wholly-owned subsidiary, the Durrat Marina Yacht Club Company.
The yacht club sits at the very heart of the Durrat Marina project, anchoring it with close to 200,000 sq m of marina facilities and creating a vibrant marina environment, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The Durrat Marina Yacht Club Company is tasked with the development and management of the project's marina and associated services.
Durrat Marina chief executive Waleed Saffy also announced the appointment of Captain Omar Ardati as general manager of the newly-formed Yacht Club Company.
The yacht club, on completion, will feature a host of five-star facilities including a swimming pool, men and women's gyms, retail shops, cafes and restaurants, he said.
There will also be a range of aquatic activities such as sailing, parasailing, jet skiing, kayaking and scuba diving, amongst others, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai