An artists's impression of the marina
Durrat Marina launches new yacht club
Manama, December 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Durrat Marina, a major mixed-use development, yesterday announced the formation of its wholly-owned subsidiary, the Durrat Marina Yacht Club Company.
The yacht club sits at the very heart of the Durrat Marina project, anchoring it with close to 200,000 sq m of marina facilities and creating a vibrant marina environment, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The Durrat Marina Yacht Club Company is tasked with the development and management of the project's marina and associated services.
Durrat Marina chief executive Waleed Saffy also announced the appointment of Captain Omar Ardati as general manager of the newly-formed Yacht Club Company.
The yacht club, on completion, will feature a host of five-star facilities including a swimming pool, men and women's gyms, retail shops, cafes and restaurants, he said.
There will also be a range of aquatic activities such as sailing, parasailing, jet skiing, kayaking and scuba diving, amongst others, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures